How to Add an Event to the Event Calendar
- Go to the top menu on the DAPYWorld website and click on “Events” then click on “Submit an Event” in the dropdown. This will take you to the event entry page.
- Type in a title for your event and a description. Add lots of details in the description section. You can also format the description text if you would like.
- Set a start date and time and end date and time for your event. If your event goes all day, you can simply click “All Day Event” instead of setting specific times for the event.
- Add a photo for your event to help it stand out a bit more in the event listings.
- Choose a category or categories for your event so that your event will show up on the group pages. You should also add tags (i.e. performance, competition, etc.) as people may be searching for a specific type of event.
- Next, you’ll need to enter the venue details. If the venue has already been entered into our system, you’ll be able to find it in the drop down. If it has never been entered in our system, you will need to create a new venue. Make sure to put in the location details so people in your area will be able to easily find your event.
- Enter information for the organizer or organizing company if needed.
- Add a website where people can get more information on the event and purchase tickets if necessary.
- Enter the cost for your event.
- Once all of the details are entered, click on the large “Submit Event” button at the bottom of the page.
Once your event has been submitted and approved, it will show up on the event calendar.
Editing or Deleting an Event
If you want to edit an event that you have already submitted, click on the top menu on the DAPYWorld website then click on “My Events” in the dropdown. You’ll be taken to a page with all of the events you have submitted. Click on the Edit button underneath the event that you would like to edit. If you would like to delete an event completely, click on “Delete” under the event you would like to remove. Please note that this cannot be undone so make sure you really want to delete the event.